The oil and gas industry in Nigeria is a major industry that is supporting the global economy. Oil and gas companies are recognized as multi-billion companies with thousands of workers.
For the most part, the Nigerian oil and gas sector is filled with foreign oil and gas companies that have been in Nigeria as far back as when Nigeria had its independence. Interestingly, most of these companies are largely American companies.
In this post, we highlight the top oil and gas countries in Nigeria, their contact details and straight-to-the-point details so as not to bore you.
Top Oil and Gas Companies in Nigeria
Below are the top oil and gas companies in Nigeria, according to NigerianWiki.
1. Shell Oil Company
Shell is one of the most popular oil and gas companies in Nigeria and has for many years, topped the list. The Company discovered the first commercial oil field at Oloibiri in Niger Delta. Shell is also credited as being the first oil company to discover oil in Nigeria.
The company is owned by Royal Dutch Shell and is responsible for more than 21% of the total petroleum production in Nigeria, that is approximately 629,000 barrels per day from more than eighty fields.
- Head office Address: Freeman House 21/22 Marina
- Phone Number: +234 (0) 8070269999
- Website: www.shell.com.ng
- Email: ShellNigeria@Shell.com
The Chevron Company is a top contender for the most popular oil and Gas Company in Nigeria. It produces hundreds of thousands of barrels of crude oil and several millions of cubic feet of natural gas every day.
Chevron deals mainly in almost every aspect of the oil, including natural gas, geothermal energy industries, hydrocarbon exploration and production, refining, marketing and transport, chemical manufacturing and sales.
- Head Office Address: 2 Chevron Lekki Penninsula II, Lekki
- Phone Number: 01 277 2222
- Website: www.chevron.com
3. Total Nigeria
Total Nigeria Plc is a multinational energy company, operating in more than 130 countries around the world, and has been providing sustainable oil products and services.
Total oil and gas companies in Nigeria has existed for over 50 years and has remained one of the leaders in the downstream sector of the oil and gas industry in the country.
- Address: Total House 4, Church gate Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Phone Number: (+234) (01) 4619182-9
- Website: www.total.com.ng
- Email address: email@example.com
4. Exxon Mobil Oil
Exxon Mobil is also one of the top oil and gas companies in Nigeria. Exxon Mobil involved in the exploration of natural gas and crude oil as well as their production.
Exxon Mobil also operates many joint venture concessions, as well as deepwater production sharing contracts operations, are related to various sources of oil, gas and alternative energy.
- Address: Mobil House, 1 Lekki Expressway Victoria Island PMB 12054, Lagos Nigeria
- Tel: 234-01-2621640, 2621660, 2801600
- Website: www. exxonmobil.com
5. Addax Petroleum
Addax petroleum has been around for a while too. The company began operations in 1998, by signing two Production Sharing Contracts (PSCs) with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Federal Government of Nigeria.
The beginning of the relationship between Addax Petroleum and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation started in 1998. This oil and gas company works with over 100 wells in Nigeria.
- Address: 10 Bishop Aboyade Cole Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Phone no: (+234-1) 2610631, 2614277, 2613238.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation NNPC
The NNPC was established on April 1, 1977, as a merger of Nigerian Petroleum Corporation and Nigerian Federal Ministry of Mines and steel and between1978 and 1989.
The NNPC is a federal Government Corporation that is responsible for the management of our great nation’s oil resources, and it has many depots across the country.
- Address: NNPC Towers, Central Business District, Herbert Macaulay Way, P.M.B. 190, Garki, Abuja Nigeria
- Phone no :+234 9 234 8237, +234 9 413 0198
- Email: email@example.com.
- Web Site: www.nnpcgroup.com
7. Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Limited NLNG
Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas Limited was incorporated in1989. It is a world-class company helping to build a better Nigeria, deals mainly in almost every aspect of the oil, including natural gas, geothermal energy industries.
- Address: Nigeria LNG Limited Intels Aba Road Estate KM 16 Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
- Phone: +234-803-907-4000-3,+234-803-905-2000, +234-802-473-4000, +234(0)84-28-4000.
- Website: www.nlng.com
- Email: Businessdevelopment@nlng.com
8. Equinor Oil and Gas Nigeria
Equinor formally known as Statoil has been present in Nigeria, since the early 1990s and has recorded large success. The company is known for its work in the Agbani Oilfield exploration project in the Niger Delta.
- Address: Their physical address is at 1A, Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi, Eti-Osa, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Phone Number:+23412713532
- Website: www.equinor.com
Petrobas is a Brazil state-owned oil and gas company but has become very popular in Nigeria. Although Petrobras is one of the best oil and gas companies in Brazil, it has decided to spread its operations to Africa.
Undoubtedly, the main focus of Petrobas is on oil, gas and alternative energy sources.
- Address: Plot 1679, African Reinsurance Building 7th Floor, Victoria Island, Lagos Island, Lagos,
- Website: www.petrobras.com
10. Nexen Inc
Nexen inc is one of the most prominent oil and gas companies in Nigeria. It is also one of the Chinese companies of today which are under CNOOC Limited.
Their main asset in Africa is offshore projects in Nigeria, which started in 2012. They are also into deepwater exploration in Nigeria.
- Head office address: 13A, 7Th Floor A.J. Marinho Drive, The Octagon, Victoria Island, Eti Osa, Lagos, Nigeria
- Phone Number: 23417741267
- Website: www.nexencnocltd.com
11. Hardy Oil and Gas Nigeria Plc
The Hardy Oil and Gas Company in Nigeria is one company that has a serious interest in working in Nigeria. Their current financial interest in this oil giant is located in onshore assets in Atala and Oza.
It is one of the best oil and gas companies in Nigeria, that explore their oil fields together with the Bayelsa Oil Company Limited and Millennium Oil and Gas Company.
The company holds 20% of the interest in Oza and Atala. Its net worth is estimated at more than 67million pounds.
- Head office address: Plot 18B. Moshood Olugbani Street, Victoria Island, Eti Osa, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Phone Number: 08102707059.
- Website: www.hardyoil.com
- Email: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Conoil Nigeria
Conoil Plc is one of the best oil and gas companies in Nigeria. The company engages in the marketing of refined petroleum products, manufacturing, and marketing of lubricants, household, and liquefied petroleum gas for domestic and industrial use.
Conoil is the first company, to market petroleum products in bulk. Conoil plc (formerly National Oil and Chemical Marketing plc) was incorporated in 1960 as a private limited liability company.
The company was converted to a public company in 1989.
- Address: Bull Plaza, 38/39 Marina, Lagos Island, Lagos.
- Phone: +23415451685, 5451674-5, 7761640; 08059293211
- Website: www.conoilplc.com
- Email: email@example.com
14. Eni (Saipem)
Eni is one of the best oil and gas companies in Nigeria. This is also one of the prominent oil and gas companies in Nigeria, that deals with global oil and gas. The company operates in 71 countries worldwide and employing around 33,000 people.
- Address: 19, Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria
- Phone Number: +39 02 442 34088
- Website: www.saipem.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Oando Plc
Oando is regarded as Africa’s largest independent and privately-owned oil trading company, involved in the large scale export and import of a broad range of refined petroleum products and crude oil. It all started in 1956 when ESSO commenced business operations in Nigeria as a petroleum marketing company.
Oando is one big energy resources company and Wale Tinubu who is a nephew to Bola Tinubu is the chief executive officer of Oando.
- Address: Stallion House (8th-10th floor), 2, Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Phone: +23412601290-9
- Website: www.oandoplc.com
- E-mail: email@example.com
16. Sahara Energy
Sahara Energy Resource Limited, whose office is located in Victoria Island, Eti Osa, Lagos, is also among the best oil and gas companies in Nigeria.
The companies are well known in oil producers, oil marketers, and oil trading. This oil and gas company is active in the downstream, midstream, upstream, infrastructure and power sectors.
- Address: Plot 234B, Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, Eti Osa, Lagos, Nigeria
- Phone Number: Tel.: + 234 1 279 3800-4, +234 1277 3750
- Website: www.sahara-group.com
Nestoil Limited started out as the Oil and Gas arm of the Obijackson Group in 1991. At the time, local participation in the Nigerian Oil and Gas sector was very limited.
Nestoil surpassed every expectation with the completion of the project in terms of the quality of the work and project delivery time.
This amazing oil and gas companies in Nigeria has become a successful enterprise with over 1, 500 employees.
- Address: Plot 1679 Karimu Kotun Street Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria
- Phone: 234-1-280-9886
- Website: www.nestoilgroup.com
- Email: Info@nestoilgroup.com.
18. Seplat Petroleum
Seplat was formed in June 2009, through the partnership of Shebah Petroleum Development Company Limited and Platform Petroleum Joint Ventures Limited.
Their aim is to specifically pursue upstream oil and gas opportunities in Nigeria, and in particular, divestment opportunities arising out of the incumbent Major IOC’s portfolios.
- Address: 25A Lugard Avenue Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
- Phone: +234 1277 0400
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.seplatpetroleum.com
Halliburton established its presence in Nigeria in 1959. Halliburton is one of the largest oilfield services.
- Address: Plot 158 Trans Amadi Industrial Layout, Port Harcourt
- Phone: +234 84 335619, 332591
- Website: www.halliburton.com
Nigeria Limited was founded in 1984. This company is also one of the top producers of oil and gas in Nigeria.
The company engages in the marketing of refined petroleum products, manufacturing, and marketing of lubricants, household, and liquefied petroleum gas for domestic and industrial use.
- Address: Onne, Nigeria
- Phone: 234 84 463 805, 234 84 464 470
- Website: www.intelservices.com
- Email: email@example.com
21. Forte Oil Plc
Forte Oil PLC was incorporated on December 11, 1964, as British Petroleum Nigeria Limited. After 14 years in operation, the company changed its status from a private limited liability company to a public liability company.
- Address: 13 Walter Carrington Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Tel: +234-1-2776100-29,
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.forteoilplc.com
22. Schlumberger Oilfield Services
Schlumberger Limited is the world’s leading oilfield services company supplying technology, information solutions, and integrated project management, thereby optimizing reservoir performance for customers working in the oil and gas industry.
- Address: 17/19, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Eti Osa, Lagos, Nigeria
- Phone Number: +234 1 2615275
- Website: www.slb.com
23. Amazon Energy
Amazon energy is Nigeria’s leading diversified Energy Services provider, building infrastructure that supports the Oil & Gas and Power sectors.
This company executes to quality standards providing creative solutions with integrity and teamwork.
- Address: House of His Glory, Chair Centre, Plot18, Lekki Expressway, Lekki, Lagos.
- Phone: +234 1 5555207-9, 7739170; Fax: +234 15555210.
- Website: www.amazon-energy.com
- Email: nigeria@amazontoafrica. com.
24. MRS Oil Nigeria Plc
MRS Oil Nigeria Plc is a Nigerian oil marketing company with headquarters in Lagos. The company started marketing of petroleum products in Nigeria in 1913 under the Texaco brand name.
MRS Oil has three business units: sale of petroleum at retail outlets or to industries, sale of aviation fuel and blending of lubricants.
- Address: Complex 5, Alapata Road Apapa, Lagos
- Tel: +234 (809)030-0000.
- Website: www.mrsholdings.com
- Email: email@example.com
25. Chibeco Oil and Gas
Chibeco is one of the best oil and Gas Company in Nigeria committed to offering the best quality and quantity of petroleum products to our customers in record time, at competitive prices.
- Address: No. 4 Chibeco Avenue, KM 16, Port Harcourt / Aba Express Way, Rivers State, Nigeria.
- Phone no: 0806 813 9 317 , 0701 255 6800 , 0902 696 6497, 0812 538 7788
- Website: www.chibecooilandgasnigltd.ng
- E-mail Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
26. Nigeria Agip Oil Company Limited
- Address: Agip House Plot 23 Engineering Close Victoria Island Lagos
- Phone no: +234 1 2600100
- Address: AP House, 54/56 Broad Street, Marina, Lagos Island, Lagos.
- Phone no: +234 1 2600050-9
- Website: www.asconoil.com
28. Capital Oil Plc
- Address: Plot 18, Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Phone: +234 1 4965148.
29. Honeywell Oil and Gas Limited
- Address: 4 Adeleke Adedoyin Street, Off Musa Yaradua, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Phone no: +234 1 2611234, 2610323
- Website: www.honeywelloil.com
30. Elf Marketing Nig Ltd
- Address: 124 Trans Amadi Industrial Layout, Port Harcourt.
- Phone no: +234 1 084-332597.
31. Gaslink Nigeria Limited
- Address: 8th. Floor, Stallion House, 2, Ajose Adeogun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Phone no: +234 1 2702794-5, 270279
- Website :www.gaslink.org
32. Lubcon Limited Oil and Gas
- Address: 39, Curtis Adeniyi Jones Close, off Adeniran Ogunsanya Street, Surulere, Lagos.
- Phone Number: +234 1 5850281, 5845873.
- Website: www.lubcon-ng.com
33. Texaco Nigeria Ltd
- Address: 8 McCarthy Street, Lagos Island, Lagos.
- Phone no: +234 1 4614500.
34. Zenon Petroleum and Gas
- Address: 7 Tiamiyu Savage St., Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
- Phone Number: 234 1 262 6392,
- Website: www.zenonpetroleumng.com
35. Tudaka Petroleum & Gas Co Ltd
- Address: Oregun Industrial Estate, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Phone no: +234 1 4933786,
36. Cakasa (Nigera Company Ltd)
- Address: 96, Palm Avenue, P. O. Box 871, Mushin Lagos.
- Phone no: +234 1 4522955, 52322
- Website: www.cakasa.com
37. Ariosh Limited
- Address: 5, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Phone Number: +234 1 270 582
- Website: www.ariosh.com
38. Crestville Engineering and Technology Company Limited
- Address: NITP/Franklin Akinyemi House, Pc 10,
- Engineering Close, Victoria Island Lagos.
- Phone Number: +234 1 2629784
- Website: www.crestvillengineering.com
39. DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited (Deltatek/WorleyParsons)
- Address: 6/7th Floor City Express Building, Plot 1637 Adetokunbo Ademola Str, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Phone Number: +234 1 4618508, 46161374.
- Website: www.deltaafrik.com
40. Lonadek Oil & Gas Consultants
- Address: 12, Jibowu Street, Yaba, Lagos
- Phone no: +234 813 911 2519
- Website: www.lonadek.com
41. Linkso Engineering Design and Consultancy
- Address: Plot 293 Akin Olugbade Street, Victoria Island
- Phone Number:+234 1 2616615, 2622330.
- Website: www.linksong.com
42. National Engineering & Technical Co. Ltd. (NETCO)
- Address: Heritage Court, 146B Ligali Ayorinde Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Phone Number: +234 1 271604
- Website: www.netco.com.ng
43. Point Engineering Ltd
- Address: Fonte House, 1 Temple Ejekwu Close, First Artillery, Port Harcourt
- Phone Number: +234 84 611963; +234 84 612008
- Website: www.pointengineer
44. Geolynx Ltd
- Address: 13, Omoku Street, D-Line, Diobu, Port Harcourt.
- Phone Number: +234 84 237340, 238782, 230513,
- Website: www.geolynxltd.com
45. Sigmund engineering company limited
- Address: 26A awori Road Dolphin Ikoyi Lagos
- Website: www.sigmundgroup.com
- Phone Number: 23412693071
46. Sigmund Engineering Company Limited
- Address: 26A Awori Road Dolphin Ikoyi, Lagos.
- Phone Number:+234 1 2693071.
- Website: www.sigmundgroup.com
47. Denver Petroleum Services
- Address: 380 Ikorodu Rd, Maryland, Maryland Lagos.
- Phone no: +234 1 4962172, 4971907, 4716355.
48. Lordmart Nig Limited
- Address: 9A, Karimu Kotun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Phone no: +234 1 2623084, 01-2623081-5.
49. Fabrico Oil and Gas Limited
- Address: 2 Wokogoloma Street Orowurukwu Town Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Mobile: +234 (0) 8056739712.
50. Weltek Nigeria Limited
- Address: Plot 307, Trans Amadi Industrial Layout, PortHarcourt.
- Phone no: +234 84 237902-3; Fax: +234 84 237 904.