Michael Adeniyi Agbolade Ishola Adenuga Jr, GCON (born 29 April 1953) is a Nigerian billionaire businessman and the owner of Globacom, a Nigerian indigenous company.
His company Globacom is Nigeria’s third-largest telecom operator, which has a presence in Ghana and Benin. He owns stakes in the Equitorial Trust Bank and the oil exploration firm Conoil (formerly Consolidated Oil Company).
His father, the Oloye Michael Agbolade Adenuga Sr, was a school teacher while his mother, Omoba Juliana Oyindamola Adenuga (née Onashile, of Okesopin, Ijebu Igbo), was a businesswoman of royal Ijebu descent.
Adenuga received his secondary school education at Ibadan Grammar School, Ibadan, and Comprehensive High School, Aiyetoro, for his Higher School Certificate (HSC). He worked as a taxi driver to help fund his university education. He graduated from Northwestern Oklahoma State University and Pace University, New York, with degrees in Business Administration.
- Adenuga, Nigeria’s second richest man, built his fortune in telecom and oil production.
- His mobile phone network, Globacom, is the third-largest operator in Nigeria, with 43 million subscribers.
- His oil exploration outfit, Conoil Producing, operates 6 oil blocks in the Niger Delta.
- Adenuga got an MBA at Pace University in New York, supporting himself as a student by working as a taxi driver.
- He made his first million at age 26 selling lace and distributing soft drinks.
Mike Adenuga Net Worth (2020)
Michael Adeniyi Agbolade Ishola Adenuga Jr, popularly known as Mike Adenuga is a Nigerian billionaire businessman and the Chairman of Globacom Telecommunication with an estimated net worth of $7.1B (N2,580,850,000,000 or N2.5 trillion), according to Forbes.