Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu was born on 29 March 1952 in the city of Lagos, Nigeria. His mother, Chief Abibatu Mogaji, was a trader who eventually became the Iyaloja of Lagos. Bola Tinubu is regarded as an elder statesman and is nicknamed as ‘BAT’, ‘Jagaban’ and ‘Asiwaju’. He is also considered to be the most rugged politician in Nigeria and the most powerful politician in South-Western Nigeria.
He attended St. John’s Primary School, Aroloya, Lagos and Children’s Home School in Ibadan, South West of Nigeria. Tinubu then went to the United States in 1975, where he studied first at Richard J. Daley College in Chicago, Illinois, and then at Chicago State University. He graduated in 1979 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
Bola Tinubu Net Worth (2021)
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a Nigerian politician with an estimated net worth of $3 billion (over N1 trillion). He reportedly owns a fair percentage of properties across Lagos State. With many expensive properties and investments that are worth billions of Naira linked to him, Bola Tinubu is the richest Lagos state politician and one of the richest politicians in Nigeria.
According to reports, Tinubu’s properties include but are not limited to:
- Prime land of 157 hectares with 2.5km of Atlantic beachfront valued at about N10 billion
- The 1,000 hectares of land valued at about N75Billion located at Lakowe near Abijo at Ibeju-Lekki Local Government and given to Lekki concession company [LCC] which is partly-owned by Tinubu and Fashola and being developed as a golf course and housing estate by Assets and Resource Management Ltd [ARM] as ADIVA project.
- 14 hectares Parkview Ikoyi Estate foreshore land reclaimed by Lagos State Government
- The annex of the Lagos State Guest House in Asokoro, Abuja, which the state Government purchased in 2006 for N450 million
- A 5-bedroom detached house on one acre of land valued at N450 million.
- His home at Bourdillon is reportedly worth over N1 billion
- The 250-hectares of land valued at about N35Billion and strategically located at the Ajah junction on Lekki Road which was initially meant for a General Hospital for the people of Eti-Osa is now the property of Tinubu currently in the control of Trojan Estate Ltd, a company owned by Tinubu. The property has been developed as Royal Garden Housing Estate and now worth over N200 Billion.
- He is also said to own a 1,000 hectares of land located at Lakowe close to Abijo at Ibeju-Lekki Local Government Area and valued at about N75 billion.
- Another property belonging to him is a Fishery Landing Jetty in Badore, the Ogudu Foreshore Scheme worth N15 billion naira.
- Tinubu is allegedly the owner of Oando Oil Company which is managed by his blood brother. The company is said to be the largest oil production company in Nigeria with equity of N162 billion and a revenue of N449 million.
- He also owns several costly private jets with the most exquisite known as Bombardier Global Express XRS. The jet is estimated at 60 million dollars (N21.7 billion)
- Tinubu also owns luxury cars including a G-Wagon worth N600 million, built with bomb detector apparatus, surveillance camera and bulletproof.
- He also owns TVC and Radio Continental, located along Aladelola Road, Ikosi, Ketu.
- Tinubu reportedly owns Oriental Hotel, located on Admiralty Way, and is valued to be around N120 billion.
- He also owns the recreational center at Oniru, which he jointly owns with ARM and Tunji Olowofe.
Read the complete Bola Ahmed Tinubu biography here.