At some point in time, there will be a reason for you to want to apply for a vehicle number plate in Nigeria, probably because you just bought a new car or because you want to revalidate your vehicle number plate(s), regardless of your location and your state of residence.
The good news is that you can do the aforementioned almost immediately and within a few clicks so long you have access to the internet. In this post, we talk about how to apply for vehicle plate numbers in Nigeria. According to the Federal Road Safety Commission, the below steps will help you
How To Apply for Vehicle Plate Number in Nigeria
Below are the steps on how to apply for a vehicle number plate in Nigeria:
1. The applicant completes the online registration (MVA01) form at www.nvisng.org, prints completed form and attaches all relevant vehicle documents and proceeds to SBIR/MLA (State Board of Internal Revenue/Motor Licensing Authority) office.
2. Pays for vehicle number plate at SBIR/MLA and is assigned a number plate.
3. The applicant takes his/her vehicle to VIO for physical inspection and is issued a Roadworthiness certificate if VIO is satisfied with the condition of the vehicle.
4. The applicant then goes to Road safety for the verification of documents provided. The verified document are:
- Driver’s License
- Insurance Policy Number
- Means of Identification
- Proof of Address (e.g. Utility Bill)
5. The applicant goes back to SBIR/MLA, where his/her Proof of Ownership Certificate (POC) number will be printed. Then the Proof of Ownership Certificate, his/her Vehicle Number Plate and Vehicle Identification Tag (VIT), is released to him.